Updated: May 15, 2020
What the heck is tapping?
Tapping is well-known technique that helps you tap into your body's energy systems. You have 12 key meridians (or energetic highways) that move energy and stored emotions through your body. These meridians are commonly used in acupuncture and other modalities. Tapping allows you to stimulate those key energetic points while repeating a meaningful mantra that allows you to acknowledge, release and rewire negative emotions.
Why do we use tapping?
Studies have shown that tapping can reduce stress by essentially turning off the part of your brain called the amygdala, which triggers the fear or “fight or flight” part of your mind. Tapping allows you to restore balance in your energy system. It’s easy, accessible and free! It's available to you at any time of the day and gives you power to take back control of your own healing.
How to use the technique..
You have nine key Meridian points for tapping (download the guide HERE)
STEP 1: Identify the issue. So whether it's fear, anxiety, stress, you want to clearly identify what your issue is, and then rank the intensity of that feeling on a scale of one to 10. For example, if you're having, if you're having a stressful day, you're filled with anxiety, I want you to say “My issue is anxiety and I feel it at an eight today”.
STEP 2: Come up a phrase that allows you to both acknowledge what the issue is, and then say how you want to feel about yourself or the environment instead.
STEP 3: Work through each meridian point, tapping softly and repeating your chosen mantra.
• I am so anxious right now, but I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
• I'm so very anxious and stressed right now, but I choose to feel calm and relaxed in this moment
• I'm feeling so very stressed and so anxious right now, but I choose to feel calm and relaxed.
• I'm so afraid and fearful about not knowing what's in the future, but I love and accept myself exactly the way that I am.
• I am so afraid and so anxious in this moment, but I know that I am capable and strong and trust that I can handle whatever the outcome
Work through these Meridian points, tapping, breathing, practicing your mantra for about five minutes.
Reflect on the emotion and recognize how much of that emotion has been released and then rank your feeling again on a scale of 1-10.
Just by slowing down your breath and tapping through those Meridian points, you'll be amazed at how much release you get from the anxiety that you feel!
PLEASE WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDEO AND DOWNLOAD MY TAPPING FREEBIE at https://www.amylynnwalsh.com/anxiety